In no particular order until the end, in which I save the best for last:
1) Friends with whom to watch movies: on Saturday, I went to the dollar theater with my roommate, to see The Heat (yes for the second time) and tonight I went with my friend Emily to see The Butler and then we had a good and honest conversation about racial reconciliation.
2) Racial reconciliation in a movie theater: There we sat. All our skin tones fit in the theater and we peacefully sat together and felt the magnitude, the guilt and the hurt, the triumphs and sorrows of our country’s journey through Civil Rights and the long way we still have to go.
3) My staff chaplain mentor.
4) OWL CITY THE MIDSUMMER STATION. I’m serious. It’s available on iTunes and at Target. Get your hands on it, yo. And get the acoustic EP as well. You’re welcome.
5) Working on my sermon for November 19th in McAfee Chapel.
6) The Fresh Market Pumpkin Spice Flavored Coffee