I’m really into “top tens” right now. So, just for funsies, instead of a long, drawn out recap of my school year, I’ll do it in top-ten fashion. Only it’s top 20, not 10.
Here goes 🙂
2011-2012 School Year Top 20
20) Transitioning back from Mexico after the summer was actually quite fun
19) Finding ways to make my 2011 project for the year more of a lifestyle
18) Christmas card from my sponsored child
17) This semester gave me a legitimate excuse to sit at Land of 1000 Hills Coffee House, drink coffee and write. It was mostly for school, and it was lovely
16) I witnessed a bird get hit by a car. I’m sorry, I just never saw it happen so I wondered if it was possible. I’m learning to like birds. But,now I know that sometimes they don’t fly away fast enough. You’re welcome. Drive carefully
14) Meeting my friends Amber and Stephen’s baby girl, Zoey
13) Sandwiches at the Roswell Tea House with my mom. Thank you Groupon
12) Making my dad’s crab cake birthday lunch
11) Mentoring at a hospice and learning a ton
10) Though I didn’t meet my mentoring personal goal, it was nice to have the excuse to carve out piano time in my week. I never get to play anymore.
9) Cycling class
8) Baptist Heritage class – no, I’m not joking. I learned a ton and have tons to think on now, even after class is over
7) Meeting Maggie (Gracie’s babys sister) and getting to hang out with her too. Grace and Maggie are the little girls I watch during the week.
6) Watching my sister get married
5) Preaching class #1
4) Preaching class #2
3) making new friends, investing in my school community, and prayer group
2) Kate giving me her computer at the start of the semester after mine was stolen in MX over the summer. Still so thankful, Kate
Drumroll in my minnnnnnnndddddd…….
1)LES MISERABLES AT THE FOX (cymbal clash). More specifically, looking over at my sister after the song before intermission and seeing her hunched forward on the edge of her seat mouth open, eyes glistening with tears of amazement and shock at the sheer talent she had just witnessed in. real. life. (now, if she gets mad about this post, we’ll know who reads my blog 🙂 ) I TOLD her it was the best musical ever.
but, I’d love to hear yours!